There are many different kinds and brands of toys as well as foods made for rabbits only. By choosing the right pet rabbit supplies is another way for your rabbit to attain long and healthy life. You should see to it that whatever you choose will be the best one for your rabbit.
Here are list of some of the important pet rabbit supplies you must provide to your rabbit:
- You must provide them shelter thus choosing the right kind and size of cages and hutch is very important. You should choose bigger cages for your rabbit so they can have enough room to move around thus making their rest time also comfortable.
- Make sure their pooping training products have drainage on it so it will be much easier to clean the pans after they deposit their droppings on it.
- Have all the essential feeding supplies such as water bottles and feeders.
- Buy their grooming supplies such as brushes, nail clippers, towels and such to make sure you have all the supplies when you need it.
- Make sure you also buy the best and durable travel supplies you need for your rabbits such as harness, leash and carriers. See to it that these products will bring comfort to your rabbit.
- There are many toys for rabbits in the market today and you can have a hard time when choosing which one because of its colorful arrays and designs. Cuteness is only your second consideration when choosing toys for your pet rabbit. Your first and foremost thing to consider is if these toys are free form any chemicals that may hurt your rabbit such as lead.
- You must also need to buy some odor control. Rabbits urine and droppings have unpleasant smell, no one wants that to linger in their house, right?
Now that you have your list of pet rabbit supplies, make sure to buy the safest ones. The health of your pet rabbits will depend on what are you going to give or feed them. they cannot choose the things they need by themselves that is why they depend on you a lot to do this job right. If you love your pet rabbit, give him the best you can and in return they will surely give you their trust and friendship that every owner will surely treasured.
Rabbits go through a shedding cycle about once every three months. During the shedding period, many rabbits will shed a substantial amount of hair and will even go bald in certain spots. Unless you assist them in removing this hair, they will groom themselves and ingest a substantial amount of fur. With some rabbits, you can simple run your fingers through their coats and pull out the excess hair. Others, like long haired rabbits, require more maintenance including the use of brushes and scissors to keep the hair at a minimum.
There are two types of effective brushes you can use on your rabbit, petting brushes and slicker brushes. Petting brushes are more gentle on the rabbit’s delicate skin, but slicker brushes are more efficient at grabbing and removing large quantities of fur. The type of brush you choose to use should depend on your rabbit’s temperament. Remember to always be gentle while grooming your rabbit, as they can become easily frightened or upset.
If your rabbit begins to act lethargic and listless after shedding season, it is possible that they have eaten too much of their own hair and they have become unable to digest their own food. If this occurs you should consult a specialized rabbit veterinarian. With consistent, proper grooming skills, your rabbit should maintain a healthy coat and stay free from hairball problems.
When adopting a rabbit, you need to provide a clean place for your pet. As much as possible, provide the most ideal rabbit habitat that you can. A dirty environment is one of the major causes of sickness to animals so you need to take not of that first and foremost. Maintenance of the place would also be necessary. Check from time to time if the place needs to be cleaned. It would be best to come up with a schedule so that you won’t forget to clean their habitats.
Pet grooming is another important thing you need to consider to make sure that your pet rabbits are healthy. This part is really not that hard to do since most rabbits have the natural ability to keep themselves clean. But that does not mean that you do not have to groom them as you still need to. It is just that grooming rabbits are less frequent as compared to the required grooming for other types of pets. Grooming your pet rabbits would also give you the chance to check different parts of their bodies if there is a wound or there is something which is not normal. Make sure to use grooming tools which are ideal for rabbits. You can check out different pet shops or vet clinics if you want to purchase one.
Giving food supplements to your rabbits could also help a lot in strengthening their immune system. Much like humans, rabbits could also be given certain types of vitamins to keep them healthy always. You also need to watch what they eat since there are certain types of food which are not ideal for rabbits. Common rabbit foods which could help them grow strong and healthy are hay, carrots, lettuce, and pellets. Sufficient water intake would also be necessary so that they won’t develop problems with their digestion.
Lastly, but definitely one of the most important aspects to consider in keeping your pet rabbit healthy, is having regular consultation with a veterinarian. Only a professional knows how to properly take care of your pet rabbit. Make sure you consult a veterinarian at least once in a while even when you think your pet is not sick. You could seek advice on different things regarding pet care. You can also buy health supplements, grooming tools, rabbit cages, and other important stuff in the veterinarian’s clinic if they have them available.
Make a checklist of the things you need to do to make sure your rabbit is always healthy and happy. You could also enhance your personal knowledge by doing research online and reading books or magazines regarding pet care.
Before you adopt a pet, you need to be as ready as you can. First of all, you must be ready to spare some of your time everyday for your pet rabbit. They would need your attention so you must be able to provide it. As a responsible pet owner, you must also be ready to provide important things to your rabbit. You would need to buy a rabbit cage, grooming stuff, and other materials used for rabbit care. If you are busy doing other activities and you think you could not give the needed attention for your pet rabbit, at least have someone who has proper knowledge and sufficient time to look after them.
If you do know the basics when it comes to rabbit care, there are a lot of resources that could help you. You can surf the web, read eBooks, and magazines to get valuable information. There are also seminars offered for pet owners. Learning how to train your rabbit, how to use specific pet tools, and feeding your pet properly are among the things you can learn from them. If you are really serious enough in taking good care of your pet, you would be willing to learn about important things to make sure that your pet is always in good condition.
Another important thing to think about is getting professional help for your pet rabbit. This is one of the most important factors to consider before adopting a pet. There are a lot of pet doctors out there whom you can ask for help in taking good care of your pets. They are the best persons to take care of your rabbit. Pet doctors could also give you valuable tips and recommendations so getting their services for your pets are a must. You’ll have peace of mind if you know there is always someone you can turn to if your pet rabbit gets sick.
After learning all the things needed to take good care of a pet and considering all the important factors, it is time to ask yourself if you are indeed ready to adopt a pet rabbit. If you are, then that is the right time to get one. Just make sure that you are able to sustain all the things needed to be done by a responsible pet owner.
- Make sure your pet rabbit is not experiencing any kind of stress.
- If you notice their urine has turned red, call your vet and ask about it because most of the time this could lead to infections.
- Softwood shavings are very dangerous for your pet rabbits. This may lead to liver damage when swallowed.
- Malocclusion is a condition wherein their teeth are misaligned. This kind of condition is inherited.
- Regularly rabbits shed their hair so be sure to take off hairballs off their coat to prevent any health problems.
- If your indoor pet rabbits are having runny nose or eyes, he or she may have infections. Consult your vet about it to administer the right meds.
- If you notice some messy fecal, bring your rabbit to your vet to make sure he is not experiencing diarrhea. This illness is one of the fatal illnesses of rabbits.
Indoor pet rabbit needs all the care we could give them. We must devote some time to spend playing with them as well as making sure that they are in good shape. You must observe closely if your pet rabbit is experiencing some sickness. Rabbits can’t talk that is why they are not capable of saying what is on their minds nor saying how they feel. As a master, you must know if your rabbit is well or sick. A health rabbit comes from a healthy caring from their owners. Their health depends on you and how you treat them. Indoor pet rabbits are just like us. They too need love, attention and protection against any harmful things around them whether these dangers are other housepets or harsh chemicals from foods and toys.